Crispy Chicken with Lemon, Parsley, and EVOO Recipe
Try this mouth-watering chicken recipe with Stamatopoulos & Sons Medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil for an out-of-this-world flavor experience.
- 2 1/2 ounces sourdough bread (about 3 slices), torn into smaller pieces
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- Place bread in a food processor; process about 1 minute or to coarse crumbs. Transfer breadcrumbs to a large plate.
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to an even thickness. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Brush each chicken breast half evenly with mustard, and roll in breadcrumbs to coat.
- Heat 1/2 cup Stamatopoulos & Sons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add chicken, and cook 7 minutes on each side or until golden brown and thickest portion registers 165°.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon juice, parsley, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in remaining 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Place 1 chicken breast half onto each of 4 plates; top evenly with parsley mixture. Serve immediately with mixed greens.