Oven-baked Zucchini Crisps Recipe
Crunchy and irresistible zucchini crisps are a fabulous snack! Try them with Stamatopoulos & Sons Medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two large baking sheets (I used two 17" baking sheets) with silicon baking mats or parchment paper.
- Slice your zucchini on a mandolin. Mine had 1, 2, or 3 for thickness and I used 2.
- After you slice your zucchini, place the slices on a sheet of paper towels and take another paper towel and sandwich the zucchini slices and press on them. This helps draw out the liquid so it'll cook a bit faster.
- Line up the zucchini slices on the prepared baking sheet tightly next to each other in a straight line, making sure not to overlap them.
- In a small bowl, pour Stamatopoulos & Sons Medium olive oil in and take a pastry brush to brush the olive oil on each zucchini slice.
- Sprinkle salt throughout the baking sheet. Do NOT over-season, in fact, it's better to use less salt initially because the slices will shrink; so if you over-season, it'll be way too salty! You can always add more later.
- Bake for 2+ hours until they start to brown and aren't soggy and are crisp.
- Let cool before removing and serving.
- Keep in an airtight container for no more than 3 days.
Taken from Table for Two.
Crispy Chicken with Lemon, Parsley, and EVOO Recipe
Try this mouth-watering chicken recipe with Stamatopoulos & Sons Medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil for an out-of-this-world flavor experience.
- 2 1/2 ounces sourdough bread (about 3 slices), torn into smaller pieces
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- Place bread in a food processor; process about 1 minute or to coarse crumbs. Transfer breadcrumbs to a large plate.
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to an even thickness. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Brush each chicken breast half evenly with mustard, and roll in breadcrumbs to coat.
- Heat 1/2 cup Stamatopoulos & Sons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add chicken, and cook 7 minutes on each side or until golden brown and thickest portion registers 165°.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon juice, parsley, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in remaining 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Place 1 chicken breast half onto each of 4 plates; top evenly with parsley mixture. Serve immediately with mixed greens.
Spaghetti Squash with Basil Recipe
Spaghetti squash is a great alternative to pasta/spaghetti. Try using Stamatopoulos & Sons Mint Basil olive oil for an extra basil flavor.
Makes 4 servings (one big spaghetti squash).
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 2 tbsp Stamatopoulos & Sons Mint Basil olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful fresh basil - optional
- Pre-heat oven to 425 Fahrenheit. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Cut squash in half and scrape out the seeds.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of Stamatopoulos & Sons Mint Basil olive oil on the halves and then sprinkle salt, pepper and basil.
- Place garlic in the middle, flip over so that the cut sides are down, stab a few times with a fork and place in oven for 45-60 minutes until soft.
- Take out of oven, flip the halves back over and fluff with a fork until it looks just like spaghetti.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil and top with fresh basil.
Adapted from Lose Weight By Eating.
Vegan Mashed Potatoes Recipe
These tasty mashed potatoes are vegan thanks to Stamatopoulos & Sons extra virgin olive oil. Try it with our garlic infused olive oil for an extra garlic punch.
- 2 pounds yellow fleshed potatoes, like Yukon Gold or German Butterball, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- ¼ cup Stamatopoulos & Sons garlic infused olive oil
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add potatoes, garlic and 2 teaspoons salt and cook at a brisk simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and garlic, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid. Mash potatoes and garlic. Beat in olive oil and then thin to desired consistency with reserved cooking liquid. Check seasoning and serve.
Taken from the NY Times.
Spaghetti with Garlic, Olive Oil, and Red Pepper Flakes Recipe
Try this classic spaghetti dish with Stamatopoulos & Sons Garlic Herb Infused Olive Oil...delish!
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- 1/2 cup Stamatopoulos & Sons garlic olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes, plus more if desired
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- In a large pot, bring to a boil 6 quarts of salted water. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Drain pasta in a colander, reserving 2 tablespoons of the pasta water. The reserved pasta water will help create the sauce. Do not rinse pasta with water -- you want to retain the pasta's natural starches so that the sauce will stick.
- In a large sauce pan, heat Stamatopoulos & Sons garlic infused olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until light brown and fragrant. It's important not too burn the garlic or else it will become bitter.
- Remove and discard the browned garlic. Add the red pepper flakes and saute for 1 minute.
- Carefully add the reserved pasta water and stir to combine.
- Place the spaghetti into the pan and mix well for 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat and top with fresh herbs.
From Food Network.