Spaghetti with Garlic, Olive Oil, and Red Pepper Flakes Recipe
Try this classic spaghetti dish with Stamatopoulos & Sons Garlic Herb Infused Olive Oil...delish!
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- 1/2 cup Stamatopoulos & Sons garlic olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes, plus more if desired
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- In a large pot, bring to a boil 6 quarts of salted water. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Drain pasta in a colander, reserving 2 tablespoons of the pasta water. The reserved pasta water will help create the sauce. Do not rinse pasta with water -- you want to retain the pasta's natural starches so that the sauce will stick.
- In a large sauce pan, heat Stamatopoulos & Sons garlic infused olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until light brown and fragrant. It's important not too burn the garlic or else it will become bitter.
- Remove and discard the browned garlic. Add the red pepper flakes and saute for 1 minute.
- Carefully add the reserved pasta water and stir to combine.
- Place the spaghetti into the pan and mix well for 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat and top with fresh herbs.
From Food Network.