Grilled Watermelon with Balsamic Drizzle
- 1 small watermelon – seedless
- 1 cup feta [Greek Feta]
- Stamatopoulos & Sons 25* Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- fresh basil
- Stamatopoulos & Sons Delicate EVOO
Note – measurements aren’t really required as it will depend on the size of your watermelon and how many slices you would like to make. So you are free to use as much or as little as you would like.
- Slice watermelon into desired shapes, I like the stick shape but wedges work well too. I also like to leave on the green rind so it can be a handheld, but feel free to remove it if you prefer.
- Heat grill (or grill pan) to medium-high. Lightly brush olive oil on the grates. Grill watermelon on two sides until you see grill marks starting to develop.
- Remove from grill, place on a platter and sprinkle each piece with a tiny pinch of salt. Drizzle on the thick balsamic vinegar, olive oil and feta. Lastly, toss on some shredded basil and enjoy while warm!
To add an extra lemon punch, try this super fast, easy recipe with Stamatopoulos & Sons Lemoni Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 8 cloves garlic, minced or finely chopped (more if you LOVE garlic)
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper (more if desired)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Stamatopoulos & Sons Lemoni Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Mix all ingredients into a container with securable lid
- Tighten lid
- Shake vigorously until olive oil and lemon juice blend into one, after about 1 minute of shaking.
- Spread over fresh spinach or any shredded salad greens...also try as a marinade.
Adapted from SparkRecipes.
Homemade Olive Oil Mayonnaise Recipe
Mayonnaise is a classic staple...why not make your own? Our delicate extra virgin olive oil is perfect in a homemade mayo. Try this recipe from Whole30, below:
*An emulsion is a mixture of two liquids that would ordinarily not mix together, like eggs and oil. By slowly whisking the oil into the eggs, you create an end product that is thicker than the two original liquids.
- 1-1/4 cup Stamatopoulos & Sons delicate extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 lemon, juiced
- Place the egg, 1/4 cup of Stamatopoulos & Sons extra virgin olive oil, mustard powder, and salt in a mixing bowl, blender, or food processor. Mix thoroughly.
- While the food processor or blender is running (or while mixing in a bowl with a stick blender), slowly drizzle in the remaining cup of olive oil.
- After you’ve added all the oil and the mixture has emulsified, add lemon juice to taste, stirring gently with a spoon to incorporate.