Oven-baked Zucchini Crisps Recipe
Crunchy and irresistible zucchini crisps are a fabulous snack! Try them with Stamatopoulos & Sons Medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two large baking sheets (I used two 17" baking sheets) with silicon baking mats or parchment paper.
- Slice your zucchini on a mandolin. Mine had 1, 2, or 3 for thickness and I used 2.
- After you slice your zucchini, place the slices on a sheet of paper towels and take another paper towel and sandwich the zucchini slices and press on them. This helps draw out the liquid so it'll cook a bit faster.
- Line up the zucchini slices on the prepared baking sheet tightly next to each other in a straight line, making sure not to overlap them.
- In a small bowl, pour Stamatopoulos & Sons Medium olive oil in and take a pastry brush to brush the olive oil on each zucchini slice.
- Sprinkle salt throughout the baking sheet. Do NOT over-season, in fact, it's better to use less salt initially because the slices will shrink; so if you over-season, it'll be way too salty! You can always add more later.
- Bake for 2+ hours until they start to brown and aren't soggy and are crisp.
- Let cool before removing and serving.
- Keep in an airtight container for no more than 3 days.
Taken from Table for Two.
Spaghetti Squash with Basil Recipe
Spaghetti squash is a great alternative to pasta/spaghetti. Try using Stamatopoulos & Sons Mint Basil olive oil for an extra basil flavor.
Makes 4 servings (one big spaghetti squash).
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 2 tbsp Stamatopoulos & Sons Mint Basil olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful fresh basil - optional
- Pre-heat oven to 425 Fahrenheit. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Cut squash in half and scrape out the seeds.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of Stamatopoulos & Sons Mint Basil olive oil on the halves and then sprinkle salt, pepper and basil.
- Place garlic in the middle, flip over so that the cut sides are down, stab a few times with a fork and place in oven for 45-60 minutes until soft.
- Take out of oven, flip the halves back over and fluff with a fork until it looks just like spaghetti.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil and top with fresh basil.
Adapted from Lose Weight By Eating.
Vegan Mashed Potatoes Recipe
These tasty mashed potatoes are vegan thanks to Stamatopoulos & Sons extra virgin olive oil. Try it with our garlic infused olive oil for an extra garlic punch.
- 2 pounds yellow fleshed potatoes, like Yukon Gold or German Butterball, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- ¼ cup Stamatopoulos & Sons garlic infused olive oil
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add potatoes, garlic and 2 teaspoons salt and cook at a brisk simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and garlic, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid. Mash potatoes and garlic. Beat in olive oil and then thin to desired consistency with reserved cooking liquid. Check seasoning and serve.
Taken from the NY Times.