Grilled Watermelon with Balsamic Drizzle
Recipe from De Socio in the Kitchen, annotated by Stamatopoulos & Sons
- 1 small watermelon – seedless
- 1 cup feta [Greek Feta]
- Stamatopoulos & Sons 25* Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- fresh basil
- Stamatopoulos & Sons Delicate EVOO
Note – measurements aren’t really required as it will depend on the size of your watermelon and how many slices you would like to make. So you are free to use as much or as little as you would like.
- Slice watermelon into desired shapes, I like the stick shape but wedges work well too. I also like to leave on the green rind so it can be a handheld, but feel free to remove it if you prefer.
- Heat grill (or grill pan) to medium-high. Lightly brush olive oil on the grates. Grill watermelon on two sides until you see grill marks starting to develop.
- Remove from grill, place on a platter and sprinkle each piece with a tiny pinch of salt. Drizzle on the thick balsamic vinegar, olive oil and feta. Lastly, toss on some shredded basil and enjoy while warm!
- oliver oil