Oven-baked Zucchini Crisps Recipe
Crunchy and irresistible zucchini crisps are a fabulous snack! Try them with Stamatopoulos & Sons Medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two large baking sheets (I used two 17" baking sheets) with silicon baking mats or parchment paper.
- Slice your zucchini on a mandolin. Mine had 1, 2, or 3 for thickness and I used 2.
- After you slice your zucchini, place the slices on a sheet of paper towels and take another paper towel and sandwich the zucchini slices and press on them. This helps draw out the liquid so it'll cook a bit faster.
- Line up the zucchini slices on the prepared baking sheet tightly next to each other in a straight line, making sure not to overlap them.
- In a small bowl, pour Stamatopoulos & Sons Medium olive oil in and take a pastry brush to brush the olive oil on each zucchini slice.
- Sprinkle salt throughout the baking sheet. Do NOT over-season, in fact, it's better to use less salt initially because the slices will shrink; so if you over-season, it'll be way too salty! You can always add more later.
- Bake for 2+ hours until they start to brown and aren't soggy and are crisp.
- Let cool before removing and serving.
- Keep in an airtight container for no more than 3 days.
Taken from Table for Two.
- oliver oil