Spaghetti Squash with Basil Recipe
Spaghetti squash is a great alternative to pasta/spaghetti. Try using Stamatopoulos & Sons Mint Basil olive oil for an extra basil flavor.
Makes 4 servings (one big spaghetti squash).
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 2 tbsp Stamatopoulos & Sons Mint Basil olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful fresh basil - optional
- Pre-heat oven to 425 Fahrenheit. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Cut squash in half and scrape out the seeds.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of Stamatopoulos & Sons Mint Basil olive oil on the halves and then sprinkle salt, pepper and basil.
- Place garlic in the middle, flip over so that the cut sides are down, stab a few times with a fork and place in oven for 45-60 minutes until soft.
- Take out of oven, flip the halves back over and fluff with a fork until it looks just like spaghetti.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil and top with fresh basil.
Adapted from Lose Weight By Eating.
- oliver oil