Salted Olive Oil Brownies Recipe
Brownies...yum...olive oil...yum...what's not to love?! These mouthwatering brownies are the perfect balance between sweet and salty. Use our delicate extra virgin olive oil for best results.
Serves: 9 large or 16 small brownies
- ¼ cup Stamatopoulos & Sons delicate extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- fleur de sel (finishing salt)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 8x8inch brownie pan with parchment paper, allowing excess paper to hang over all 4 of the sides (this will make it easier to remove the brownies). Lightly spray the parchment paper with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl set over a pot of simmering water, warm the Stamatopoulos & Sons extra virgin delicate olive oil and bittersweet chocolate together over low heat, stirring until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar and vanilla, then beat the eggs in one at a time. Add the flour, espresso powder and vigorously stir for 1 minute until the batter becomes smooth and shiny.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared brownie pan and sprinkle some fleur de sel evenly on top of the batter. Place in the oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before removing and cutting the brownies.
Adapted from Savory Simple.
- oliver oil